The library’s new printer now has AirPrint capabilities that enable instant printing from school iPads!
This technology provides students and faculty a faster and more convenient method of printing. However, with this technology comes the possibility of misuse. Please carefully read over the AirPrinter policy the library will be implementing.
AirPrinter Policy 2013-2014
1. All print jobs must be picked up by the sender. The library will not hand deliver any print jobs to teachers or students.
2. Please limit your print jobs to ones that contain less than 15 pages. If you need to make multiple copies of something, please use a copier instead of reprinting. Faculty should not use the AirPrinter to make classroom sets or any other large job, but should continue to use the faculty work room.
3. Students MUST be in the library when printing. Any print jobs that are printed outside the library will be charged $.05 per page. Faculty members are exempt from this and may print to the AirPrinter anywhere inside the building.
4. The Library printer is a Duplex printer, which means it is able to do two- sided printing. This will come up as the default setting turned on. Since this is a paper saving option, “two sided” printing should be preferred.
5. When printing pages from the web, students and faculty should be aware of the “Reader” function in the Safari browser. This allows you to bring up only the text in an article without all the additional material on the web page. This is a cleaner and also more efficient paper saving technique. The “Reader” function is found in the small set of lines at the top left in the address line (URL) of the web page.
These policies may be amended over time as the library sees fit. Please contact Ms. Bava with any questions!